There are no events scheduled.
Prime Time Palm Beach County, Inc. is committed to strengthening the skills of those working in the afterschool field. As an outgrowth of this commitment, Prime Time and its partners realized the importance of providing practitioners with choices as they make plans for their personal and professional development.
A survey of the local afterschool workforce revealed that practitioners come from a variety of backgrounds, both educational and experience-based. A “one-size-fits-all” program will not work for everyone. Groups of individuals from across the afterschool field worked together to design formal (college credit or certificate) and informal (non-credit) professional development tracks that would offer practitioners different entry and exit points, depending on their needs and goals.
Because it is important for practitioners to receive credit for their commitment to their personal and professional development, Prime Time partnered with Palm Beach State College (PBSC). Through the partnership with PBSC, coursework is offered in a variety of ways and offers practitioners the option of receiving credit hours or CEUs for successfully completed coursework.
If you are interested in continuing your education or attending college to advance your career in youth development, there are resources available to assist you.
- Career Advising – to help you navigate the education pathways
- Scholarships – to offset tuition costs
- WAGE$ education-based wage supplements
- Trailblazing the Pathways for Afterschool: The Route to Afterschool Professional Development
- Youth Development Pathways Module - available opportunities to help you achieve your career and educational goals