Page updated: September 17, 2020
- Guidance on planning activities, preparing and cleaning your facility, health and safety, pick up and drop off, parent communication, food safety and more
- CSC Guidelies for child care programs that includes social distancing strategies, disinfection efforts, drop off and pick up procedures and screen procedures
- The School District of Palm Beach County COVID-19 Guiding Document
- Prime Time is offering virtual professional development trainings and live/virtual expanded learning opportunities
- Online Safety Tips and Virtual Out-of-School Time Resources includes resources for virtual activities, technology, communication, virtual professional development and general operations
Financial Resources Available to Afterschool Practitioners
Afterschool Practitioners Who Attend Virtual Trainings will Qualify for Stipends
Prime Time Palm Beach County is offering OST practitioners, specifically front line staff, a $45 stipend for each three-hour professional development training that is completed..
The federal government is allowing states to change their laws to provide unemployment insurance benefits related to the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Reimbursement of Lost Revenue
The Coronavirus (COVID-19) Relief and Recovery application process will provide assistance to nonprofit organizations locally.
Student Loan Payment Suspension
Student loan borrowers will be able to suspend their federal student loan payments without penalty and without accruing interest for at least 60 days
The Out-of-School Time Field
Boys and Girls Club of Palm Beach County is Hiring
Boys & Girls Clubs of Palm Beach County offers a wide variety of career opportunities with strong emphasis on professional development. If you have academic training or a professional background in education, guidance, social work, physical education or cultural arts, Boys and Girls Club may have a “career in caring” just right for you.
Proposed Guidance for the Establishment of Emergency Child Care Services During the COVID-19 Pandmic
Reach out to Congress
The rapid changes occurring as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic are impacting afterschool program providers and the families and students they serve. Reach out to Congress today to share the impact of COVID-19 on the afterschool and summer programs in our community.
Considerations for the Afterschool Field
The Afterschool Alliance has put together a list of considerations the afterschool field should consider during the outbreak of COVID-19.
Prime Time Resources
Virtual Out-of-School Time Resources
Prime Time Palm Beach County has created a one-stop shop for gathering a wide range of resources to support the transition from in-person to virtual summer camp programming. All resources provided should not be considered as advice, guidance or requirements. The resources provided do not attempt to interpret government orders, but instead offers ideas to help you to make this transition.
SEVEN-DAY SELF-CARE CHALLENGE
Feeling anxious or worried? Feeling a loss of control amid COVID-19? Prime Time is offering tools to bring you back to center.
The Seven-Day Self-Care Challenge is a virtual on-demand offering designed to provide basic practice tools that can help us cultivate awareness, self-care, and resilience, particularly during challenging times.
Resources for Families
Virtual and Onsite Out-Of-School Time Sites Open Now
Hands-On Learning Activities
Prime Time strives to provide children and youth with a wide range of hands-on learning experiences. In partnership with local content expert organizations, Prime Time is offering resources from our partners to help during the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2018-2019, Prime Time offered more than 30,000 children and youth access to expanded learning opportunities.
Resources for New Stay-at-Home Workers and Teachers
Transition Successfully into the 2020- 2021 School Year Program
The Academy of 21st Century Learning is acutely aware of the academic impact that the COVID-19 virus is having on those students in our community who have not had the privilege of transitioning their studies directly into a virtual classroom. To help overcome the early school closures, they are implementing an online (ZOOM) summer program designed to help students transition into the 2020-2021 school year.
Counseling and Support Using Telehealth
Is your child or teen experiencing emotional or behavioral challenges related to the stress of social isolation, loss, or fears? We are here to support your family.
Their team of clinicians are experts in children's mental health, parenting, and trauma. As a nonprofit, they accept insurance, such as Medicaid, work on a sliding scale, or have grants that may support counseling for your child and family. Contact Center for Child Counseling for a free telephone consultation or to schedule an appointment with one of their therapists.
Free Counseling Support Helpline During COVID-19 Health Crisis
A bilingual, tollfree, 24-7 helpline is now open for all Floridians - no matter whether they are Florida Blue members or not - to help individuals cope with the stress and anxiety they may be feeling given the COVID-19 public health care crisis. This is in collaboration Florida Blue's partners at New Directions Behavioral Health.
This information is also posted on the Florida Blue blog:
Stay connected with free Xfinity WiFi
As part of Comcast’s nationwide response to Coronavirus, the company is providing Xfinity WiFi hotspots across the country to anyone who needs them for free. The company is also offering its Internet Essentials package free for 60 days to new customers. Click here for details.
Helping our communities choose media and tech that can keep children and youth engaged, entertained, and learning is core to our organizational objectives. Whether you have children at home or you need to develop plans to help children learn outside the classroom, here are media recommendations for entertainment provided by Youth Speak Out International:
- Best Music Apps and Games for Kids
- New Kids' TV Shows
- 50 Books All Kids Should Read Before They're 12
- Best Family Movies
- Common Sense Selections highlighting the best movies and TV shows
- Sibling Watch-Together TV
- Best Documentaries for Kids and Families
Resources for at-home learning
Tools to help parents and caregivers keep children focused and learning at home.
- EveryParent App by Children's Services Council of Palm Beach County - includes a variety of things to do in Palm Beach County and activities to do at home, if you are looking to avoid large crowds. From outdoor activities like a day at the beach and exploring a nearby park, to indoor activities like virtual museums and e-books,
- STEM Resources
- Evidence-based health, nutrition, and physical education materials
- 17 Apps to Help Kids Stay Focused
- Apps That Act Like Math and Science Tutors for Homework Help
- Free Educational Apps, Games, and Websites
- Top Time-Management Apps
- Curriculum Resources for Special Needs
- Minutephysics -STEAM Youtube chanel
- Ranger Rick - Free digital content from The National Wildlife Federation
- Explore National Parks from Home
- STEM Lessons and Resources from Loggerhead Marinelife Center