Championing Diversity and Equity Parts 1 -3
REQUIREMENT: The Progressive Afterschool Practitioner (PASP) training must be taken one time before attending any training series. CLICK HERE to register for the PASP. If you have successfully completed (PASP), please ensure your availability allows you to commit to all of the following dates before registering for the training series:
- 10/9/20 – Friday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Championing Diversity and Equity Part 1
- 10/23/20 – Friday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Championing Diversity and Equity Part 2
- 11/06/20 – Friday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Championing Diversity and Equity Part 3
CEUs: Prime Time is authorized by IACET to offer 1.2 CEUs for the completion of this training series. Click here to learn more here.
In the Diversity and Equity series, participants will define diversity, equity and inclusion and learn about how implicit bias affects youth outcomes in OST programs. Participants will practice ways to champion conversations within OST about diversity, equity and inclusion and create plans to increase equity in their programs for all youth regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation or ability level.
- Define diversity, equity, and inclusion and compare the differences between these concepts
- Identify implicit biases in order to increase equity in OST programs
- Explore concepts of sexual orientation and gender expression as it relates to inclusion
9:00 am - 12:00 pm