OST Leadership Parts 1 -4
ENCOURAGED: Prime Time encourages practitioners to register for the Progressive Afterschool Practitioner (PASP) training before attending any training series. CLICK HERE to register for the PASP.
Please ensure your availability allows you to commit to all of the following dates before registering for the training series:
- 9/17/20 – Thursday– 9:00am-12:00pm – OST Leadership Part 1
- 10/01/20 – Thursday – 9:00am-12:00pm – OST Leadership Part 2
- 10/15/20 – Thursday – 9:00am-12:00pm – OST Leadership Part 3
- 10/29/20 – Thursday – 9:00am-12:00pm – OST Leadership Part 4
CEUs: Prime Time is authorized by IACET to offer 1.2 CEUs for the completion of this training series. Click here to learn more here.
The Leadership Essentials Series provides directors, assistant directors and staff in leadership positions an opportunity to learn about their unique leadership style and create professional development plans to improve coaching and supervisory skills. Participants will practice these skills to effectively support their staff to provide the most meaningful opportunities for youth.
OST Leadership Part 1–Introduction- Online (Self-Paced)
- Define the Myers-Briggs Type Instrument (MBTI) and the eight (8) psychological preferences.
- Participate in the MBTI Assessment Online to assess their MBTI Type.
- Compare each psychological preference and use their MBTI Type to understand their leadership style.
OST Leadership Part 2–Progressive Afterschool Director 1
- Recall the Myers-Briggs Type Instrument (MBTI) and the eight psychological preferences.
- Examine the results of the MBTI Assessment as they relate to work style, leadership style, communication and the core competencies for afterschool professionals.
- Implement a suite of tools and strategies through a Personal Leadership Plan.
OST Leadership Part 3–Progressive Afterschool Director 2
- Evaluate their OST Leadership Plan and revise accordingly.
- Illustrate how OST leadership style relates to program culture and effectiveness.
- Integrate mentoring strategies based on MBTI leadership type to create an optimally balanced program culture.
- Utilize the Core Competencies to assist staff in professional development planning.
OST Leadership Part 4– Implementing Leadership Strategies
- Summarize their artifacts and experience of implementing their Mentorship Action Plans.
- Explain ways to overcome barriers and increase strengths on their teams.
- Implement strategies for embedding Individual Career Plan goals and other tools for professional development in their systems and procedures.
9:00 am - 12:00 pm