STEAM activities at your program can bring excitement and enthusiasm for meaningful science exploration. By offering engaging activities that explore the worlds of science, technology, engineering, arts and math, will give you the opportunity to receive STEAM supplies valued at $100 to implement STEAM activities in your program. The STEAM Initiative offers afterschool programs:
- six interactive training modules (dates below are tentative) that prepare afterschool professionals to be STEAM activity mentors
- STEAM 1: Believe (September 27, 2019)
- STEAM 2: The 5 E’s Instructional Method (October 11, 2019)
- STEAM 3: The 5 E’s Competencies (October 25, 2019)
- STEAM 4: Strengthening the Lesson Plan (November 8, 2019)
- STEAM 5: STEAM Curriculum (November 22, 2019)
- STEAM 6: Individualized Approach to STEAM (December 6, 2019)
- one-on-one support (observation and coaching sessions at your site)
- real-time online resources that allow you to share
and collaborate with your peers
- access to STEAM-specific expanded learning
- follow up and access to a STEAM expert as you
continue to offer and implement quality informal
science in your afterschool program.
Interested in the STEAM Initiative?
The Fall 2019 Cohort is filling up quickly. Please complete the interest form below for more information. Our STEAM Specialist will reach out to you shortly after you submit the form.