Offer STEAM at Your Afterschool Program
Now offering trainings online.
STEAM activities at your program can bring excitement and enthusiasm for meaningful science exploration. By offering engaging activities that explore the worlds of science, technology, engineering, arts and math, will give you the opportunity to receive STEAM supplies valued at $100 to implement STEAM activities in your program. The STEAM Initiative offers afterschool programs:
- six interactive training modules that prepare afterschool professionals to be STEAM activity mentors. All STEAM trainings are scheduled on Friday mornings from 9:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. on the following dates (tentative):
- STEAM 1: Believe (January 31, 2020)
- STEAM 2: The 5 E’s Instructional Method (February 14, 2020)
- STEAM 3: The 5 E’s Competencies (March 6, 2020) Offered Online
- STEAM 4: Strengthening the Lesson Plan (March 20, 2020)
- STEAM 5: STEAM Curriculum (April 3, 2020) Offered Online
- STEAM 6: Individualized Approach to STEAM (April 17, 2020)
- one-on-one support (observation and coaching sessions at your site)
- real-time online resources that allow you to share
and collaborate with your peers
- access to STEAM-specific expanded learning
- follow up and access to a STEAM expert as you
continue to offer and implement quality informal
science in your afterschool program.
Interested in the STEAM Initiative?
The spring 2020 cohort is filling up quickly. Please complete the interest form below for more information. Our STEAM Specialist will reach out to you shortly after you submit the form.
STEAM Professional Development Specialist
561-732-8066 ext. 106