Prime Time's work is embedded in a wide body of research demonstrating that quality OST programs lead to substantial academic, social, and emotional benefits for youth.
- Higher grades
- Improved standardized test scores
- On-time grade promotion
- Reduced dropout rates
- Increased school day attendance in programs throughout the country
Prime Time strives to provide children and youth with a wide range of hands-on learning experiences. In partnership with local content expert organizations, Prime Time makes available expanded learning opportunities (ELOs) to eligible afterschool and summer programs. These activities include programming in:
- Supporting School-day Academic Learning;
- Caring for the Whole Child;
- Discovering Arts and Culture;
- Leadership and Career Pathways; and
- Exploring Technology
To view the full list of providers, click ELO Providers under Offerings on the right.
Incorporate ELOs into Out-of-school Time
OST Program ELO Eligibility Requirements
In order for OST programs to be eligible to receive expanded learning opportunities, programs must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be actively engaged in the Palm Beach County Quality Improvement System (QIS) for afterschool;
- Be located in a Title 1 public school or be a community-based program in one of the following zip codes:
33403, 33404, 33405, 33406, 33407, 33408, 33409, 33410, 33415, 33417, 33430, 33438, 33460, 33461, 33462, 33476, 33493, 33435
- Any exception to the above needs pre-approval by Prime Time staff.
Schedule an ELO to Visit Your Program
If your program meets the eligibility requirements, you may schedule a session directly with the ELO provider.
If the site is not yet registered in Prime Time’s system, please complete the “OST Program Registration” form. Upon the receipt of this form, the Community Partnerships specialist will contact the program and schedule a site visit. During the site visit, the manager will assess the:
- Licensing status
- Needs of the community
- Average daily attendance
- Staff-to-children ratio
- “Feeder” schools (if community or faith-based program)
- Perceived understanding by program staff of the commitment/pro-active participation required to effectively use ELOs
Prime Time will make the final decision to approve or deny the program's eligibility to receive ELOs.
Become an Expanded Learning Opportunity (ELO)
Prime Time is not contracting with any additional expanded learning opportunity providers at this time. Please check back in fall 2020 for information on our proposal process for becoming an ELO provider.
In the meantime, there are lots of ways you can get involved. Let us know you’re there! Keep in touch with us by: