Reframing Behavior Management Series – Part 1
Please ensure your availability allows you to commit to all of the following dates before registering for the training series:
- 1/13/21 – Wednesday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Reframing Conflict
- 1/27/21 – Wednesday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Reframing Behavior Management Part 1
- 2/10/21 – Wednesday – 9:00am-12:00pm – Reframing Behavior Management Part 2
CEUs: Prime Time is authorized by IACET to offer 1.2 CEUs for the completion of this training series. Click here to learn more here.
The Behavior Management series provides participants with knowledge and skills to facilitate conflict resolution in their program by encouraging youth to manage feelings and resolve conflicts appropriately. Participants will learn how to reframe all youth behavior as opportunities for youth to learn responsibility, emotion management and problem-solving skills.
- Examine the roles they play in conflict situations in their program.
- Demonstrate examples of Reframing Conflict using the High/Scope step-by-step model and the general principles for conflict resolution.
- Explain how reframing conflict can turn conflict resolutions into opportunities for growth.
Reframing Behavior Management Part 1
- Identify how youths’ challenging behaviors relate to skills they need to learn.
- Describe youths’ needs for belonging and significance.
- Determine the “mistaken belief” underneath youths’ negative behavior.
- Practice the authoritative/encouraging style of behavior management through role-play.
Reframing Behavior Management Part 2
- Compare natural/logical consequences to punishment.
- Apply the authoritative/encouraging style of discipline through role-play.
- Identify which “mistaken belief” youth may have based on their behavior.
- Employ strategies for responding to behavior that will increase youth responsibility and teach important life skills.
9:00 am - 12:00 pm